Sunday, December 17, 2017

Dear World



Dear World,
I know you are saddened by this picture as much as I am, and I can’t help but feel terrible because I know that my kind, including me, may be a cause of that. Some people will say humans had nothing to do with any of this. This is just another way of proving that we will do anything to avoid the problem right in front of us. Ms. Joy Williams can agree with my reasoning as “they don’t want to curb it, but they are willing to study it some more.” This is a perfect example of what our society considers “fixing the problem”. We can save the environment by spending money on the scientific stuff behind it but that money won’t go to directly help the problem, that seems reasonable, right? But why can’t we leave it to the vegans or the vegetarians or the crazy environmentalists? They’re the ones who really care about the environment, however this select group of people can’t fix the problem. They already are adapting these new lifestyles but images like the one of this polar bear are still being published and we continue to see a downfall in the healthiness of our wildlife.


Right now, all around the world, I can bet that thousands of families are having an extravagant feast with an unnecessary amount of heat in the house, with the fire burning, and their hundreds of Christmas lights sparkling. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that, and in fact most of the damage comes from factories and big cities, but we are over here living the perfect lives while our wildlife is dying in front of us; it’s time to start directly fixing the problem in front of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear World

Dear World, I know you are saddened by this picture as much as I am, and I can’t help but feel terrible because I know that my ...